Free Resources to Elevate Your Game…
🎬 Ultimate FX Demo Reel Guide
Looking to apply for an FX Technical Director job?
Your demo reel determines if you land the coveted interview or get lost in a sea of applicants.
If you feel unsure about what to put into a beginner reel and how to get noticed, that’s normal. Let me guide you.
I will show you proven strategies and hiring insights to craft a reel that sets you apart from the competition.
Download the FREE guide and as a BONUS, I’ve also included helpful checklists to audit your reel.
🐍 Python for the Anxious Artist
Python is an indispensable tool for Tech Artists and TDs. Automating repetitive tasks, optimizing workflows, and inventing new solutions, so we can be more creative.
Learn the foundations of Python without hyperventilating.
I’ll walk you through this quick series to help you understand the basics of programming in Python.
⚡ Effects Accelerator
The most comprehensive program for mastering the foundations to design and create feature film digital effects in Houdini. Effects Accelerator not only shows you how to create digital effects like a pro – but how to think like an FX TD and develop a killer reel.
- Expertly utilize procedural techniques, attributes, noise, instancing and solvers.
- Design and solve problems in effects creation.
- Employ design frameworks that nurture your aesthetic eye
- Develop effects tools and setups.
- Utilize production best practices
- Master the essential effects elements – electricity, sparks and smoke
- Layout, light and render in Solaris Karma
- Shade in MaterialX
- Composite your effects elements
- Craft a compelling portfolio piece
Here’s you’ll find posts and video content from YouTube,
You’ll find plenty of tutorials, tips and tricks, mindset chats, real industry insights and resources to help you on your FX TD journey.
👍 My Top Content
I hear this phrase or some variation of it a lot. Recently I’ve been thinking about how it impedes the growth and mindsets of…
I was going to recreate a personal project that I did in Mantra with VEX shaders as I wanted to utilize the power of…
In the market for a CG / VFX PC in late 2021 and you want to know what to look for in a CG…